• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Oguz286

AutoDepthStencilFormat produces garbage?

This topic is 4384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I'm coding a simple DX9 framework for myself. The thing is that when i use D3DFMT_D24S8 or D3DFMT_D24X8 as the stencil format, my triangle produces garbage. But when i use D3DFMT_D16, it works a little better, but still produces garbage. I dont hardcode the format, but i use this code to do the checking: if(SUCCEEDED(m_pD3D9->CheckDeviceFormat(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, adapterFormat, D3DUSAGE_DEPTHSTENCIL, D3DRTYPE_SURFACE, D3DFMT_D24S8))) { m_D3Dpp.AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D24S8; } So if my graphicscard would not support it, then it would fail right? The GC is a 7600 Go (i'm coding on my laptop). Any ideas what could be wrong? EDIT: D3DFMT_D16 does not work correctly, i still get garbage (though less)!

Advertisement
m_pD3DDevice->Clear(0, 0, D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 100), 1.0f, 0);

I forgot that you have to clear that every frame too. Doh! Thanks man :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!