Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Blitting in OpenGL

Started by annoyer101 Nov 6, 2006 at 9:18 PM 5 replies 4k views
Original Post
annoyer101
annoyer101
Hello. A Few Weeks Ago I Finally Finished A Text-Based Game. I Like The Plot To The Game, But, Being A Far-From-Original-Text-Based Game, It Is Pretty Boring. So, I Decided To Do Something I Never Thought I Could Possibly Do In My Whole Life... Learn OpenGL (Which Actually Is Proving To Be Not Nearly As Bad As I Thought). Since I've Made More Progress In This Library Then Ones I Have Tried Before, I've Finally Decided That I Will Use C and OpenGL. So What I Would Like To Do With My Game Is Have A Picture For Every Time Someone Presses A Key. The Picture Will Be A Single 2d Picture And Will Instantly Switch To Another Picture When The Player Presses A Key. Then It Will Sort Of Be Like A Text Based Game, But With Images I Make In MSPaint! There Is Only One Problem With This: [help] I Have Know Idea How To Blit Images In OpenGL! [help] How Is This Done? I Always Have Problems When I Try To Blit An Image In Graphics Libraries! So I Really, Really Need Help! I'm Not Having A Problem With Opengl Blitting (Yet...), I Just Haven't Have The First Clue On How To. So Help Is Very Greatly Appreciated. Thank You So, So Much To Anyone Who Helps Me. Sincerely, Annoyer
annoyer101
annoyer101
Thank You Very Much For Your Reply! However, I Am Curious On How To Directly Blit, But Don't Waste Your Time Telling Me If You Don't Feel Like It.

Sincerely,
Annoyer
annoyer101
annoyer101
Thank You! That Was Very Helpful Of You! I Greatly Appreciate It! Hmmm...
Okay, That's The Best Thank You Message I Could Think Of So... Thanks!

Sinccerely,
Annoyer
Odiee
Odiee
OMG :lol: I never think I never in my life have seen someone using capital letters in every single word, and no mistakes, geez. :)
AndyEsser
AndyEsser
I mean, I must admit that I use capitals at the beginning of all my user messages in software I write. But it's kinda 'annoy'ing to read on a forum post.

Hope you've got everything sorted though? I'm also quite interested in bitmap blitting so this post was helpful to me. :P

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.