Original Post
Hi, I'd like to know if it will be possible to develop using DirectX 10 on Windows XP. Thank you.
Quote:Weak! - developing via the RefRast is a Real Man's(™) challenge [lol]
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Trying to do Vista DX10 development with anything but an DX10 video card is slow as hell with the reference rasterizer. I've tried to do some devo with several high end Quatro cards and gave up with how slow the ref driver was....
Quote:Nope, not true - I'm currently using Windows Vista to develop my D3D10 code in between browsing the forums [smile]
Actually I believe windows xp is the only currently supported platform for developing DX10 apps right now until the new DX SDK that support Vista comes out.
Quote:Vista is based on Windows Server 2003. If you had 40+ million lines of code, would you throw it all away and rewrite it?
Original post by GrumpyAndTired
From what I know Vista is a total rewrite of the windows NT code right?
Quote:Large parts of the system have been thrown away and rewritten, though. That's why it took 5 years.
Original post by bakery2k1 Quote:Vista is based on Windows Server 2003. If you had 40+ million lines of code, would you throw it all away and rewrite it?
Original post by GrumpyAndTired
From what I know Vista is a total rewrite of the windows NT code right?
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Large parts of the system have been thrown away and rewritten, though. That's why it took 5 years.
Quote:
Original post by ET3D Quote:
Original post by Promit
Large parts of the system have been thrown away and rewritten, though. That's why it took 5 years.
Large parts of the system have been thrown away and rewritten. Then thrown away again and rewritten again. That's why it too 5 years. :)
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more