Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

WiiMote with candles no sensor bar

Started by Alpha_ProgDes Dec 22, 2006 at 11:44 AM 6 replies 3.7k views
Original Post
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
note: I'll try and call it the Wii [sad] Has anyone tried this trick? Supposedly you can use: two candles, two flashlights, or two other TV remotes with the buttons pushed down. And the WiiMote will work the same.
">It's demonstrated here.
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
Michalson
Michalson
I would try this but I already have my Wii turned on to make this post.
ontheheap
ontheheap
The video of the guys lighting their television on fire attempting to do this is much better =). Since the Wiimote is just sensing the IR light emitted by the sensor bar it would make sense that practically any source of IR light would work. There is also a page that has directions for building your own (wireless) sensor bar.
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:
Original post by Michalson
I would try this but I already have my Wii turned on to make this post.

Is there a WiiBoard or do you use the WiiMote to type?
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
lethalhamster
lethalhamster
Hahaha, in that video the smoke detector in that guys house is low on batteries. You can tell by the small chirp it makes every few seconds.

Thats pretty cool I guess. But is it really that hard to set up the sensor bar?
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Ravuya
Ravuya
Like I've said, the remote uses the infrared dots to know it's facing "forward" and force-recalibrate the accelerometers (which otherwise have a small amount of drift, which over time would otherwise make the remote inaccurate).
Senses777
Senses777
There's actually a 1 megapixel camera on the end of the Wiimote. The dark plate on the front is probably an IR filter.
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
ontheheap
ontheheap
Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:
Original post by Michalson
I would try this but I already have my Wii turned on to make this post.

Is there a WiiBoard or do you use the WiiMote to type?


WiiMote with OnScreen keybord. It has that "intellitype" thing where it guesses what word you want as you input letters. It's pretty easy to "type" on, but it would be much better if you could just use a wireless keyboard.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.