Question about EWQLSO Silver.

Started by
4 comments, last by Jervin 17 years, 2 months ago
I have 2gigs of ram, and it says with 2 gigs you should be able to load an entire orchestra. I can only load 8 instruments. I have no other programs running at the time. Can i fix this?
Haha. I got warned because of a rickroll.
Advertisement
Are you asking about the actual interface, because if so then you are correct that only allows up to 8 instruments loaded. Past that you have to open an additional interface and then load in some more. I've been able to load up to 24 instruments at one time.

If that isn't the problem, then you may need to go into setup and set it to expert and raise the number of reserved voices to 248. This will increase the performance of EWQLSO and the load times will be better.

What DAW are you using? I can help you if it is either Logic or Sonar.

Hope that helps,

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

=/ Using fruity loops.

8 instruments and the music starts crackling. I know I can only load 8 into a plugin at once. Where is this setup and expert setting and such?
Haha. I got warned because of a rickroll.
The crackling is not likely to be the restriction they mention. That is probably just because your computer can't play them quickly enough. You may have to increase the audio buffer size. Or if your disk is going into overdrive during all this, you may need a faster one.
If you open up EWQLSO as a stand alone and then click on the Options tab below the GroupEdit (this is in the upper left hand corner). Then select DFD settings. Now you have to have the DFD (Direct from Disc) downloaded and installed on your computer. If you don't have that go here.

It also might be a good idea to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the sampler as well.

Without the DFD- the perfomance of the sample is really bad. Also as Kylotan mentioned, take a look at your audio card settings and see what buffer setting your computer is set to.

Hope that helps!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

DFD is not necessarily the culprit, although it's certainly at the top of the list for things to check (you should still follow nsmadsen's directions; it's a good idea even if the DFD isn't causing problems). I think that the buffer size is a much more likely culprit (crackles or skips in the sound are characteristic of a buffer that's too small; problems with DFD more often make a static sound). FL Studio might also refer to the buffer size as latency, in which case you would still make it larger.

For what it's worth, you should have no problem, at all, loading a full orchestra if you have things configured well.

What sound card are you running this on?
Music and sound for interactive media: http://www.jervinmusic.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement