Learning MFC

Started by
4 comments, last by caseyd 17 years, 2 months ago
Please I know what a lot of people are going to say here. Forget MFC use Forms or C# etc.. I know this, but I am in a situation where I need to become relatively familiar with MFC for a summer job this summer. I haven't done any gui work in C++ at all so I decided to look around to see what is available for books. I can't seem to find anything in my searches that covers current MFC technology. Everything I am finding references Visual Studio 6.0. I would imagine that MFC has undergone some changes since than? So, does anyone have any recommendations for online resources or books? I would prefer something that I could use as a decent reference but also shows the correct way of using MFC. Like with Java, there are many ways of using Swing, but there are ways that are more preferred than others. Thanks, -Casey
Advertisement
Do you know what compiler you will be working with?
You could check out codeproject.com.
They have loads of tutorials and articles that would help get you started.
That would help huh. It is definitely a Microsoft compiler, ( I don't think anyone would be using MFC without a MS compiler??) but I am not completely sure which version. I will try and find out but I won't be seeing my friend who works there for a few days. I am 95% positive it is newer than 6.0 though.
Moved to For Beginners.
Quote:
You could check out codeproject.com.
They have loads of tutorials and articles that would help get you started.

Thanks for the site. I have been reading over the MFC MSDN reference as well but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Casey

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement