A thought occured to me [political]

Started by
112 comments, last by polly 17 years, 1 month ago
From the sky Hiroshima appeared flattened [1], but not so much from the ground [2], but it's difficult to say how close to ground zero the landscape in that second picture was.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by LessBread
The US had at least three bombs remaining at the end of the war and more on their way.

Do you have a link for this anywhere? I was under the impression the US had only 2 bombs, both of which were used in 1945 at the close of the war in Asia. I also thought that the threat against Japan to keep on throwing nukes at their cities was a bluff, one that paid off in the form of their unconditional surrender..

Jon
Don't forget, with nukes, it doesn't really matter if you even knock a single building down, you are still going to kill most people in a city.

Also, if you want examples of what explosives do to cities that are mainly stone, take a look at the damage in the Halifax Explosion. Largest pre-nuclear bomb, wiped out a very european style set of buildings. Then think about even more power over a more densely populated area.

Something else to keep in mind about the airwar issue is, the US forces with a better highlevel fighter can simply STAY at a high level and pull the Russian fighters up to where they have better 'ground' to fight on. Why move down to their level? Send it groups of bombers supported by better highlevel fighters, and the russians great low level fighters will get slaughtered.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
As we are in the business of discussing war between the West and the Soviet Union, I thought I'd share with you: the
">creepiest ending to a film I have ever seen. No points for guessing which film it is .... [grin]

Jon

EDIT: YouTube has
">all my favourate scenes
">from the film.

[Edited by - polly on March 9, 2007 6:20:32 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement