Extending the online experience across several games?

Started by
9 comments, last by Deleter 17 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it :)

Glad to give it ;). I agree with the poster above me that pk'ing could end up rampant in your game and this could create a problem. This is really an extension of my earlier question of why you would want multiple genres in one. The funnest part of world creating is extreme change and playing around with things that would kill off everyone. Obviously this couldn't be supported. So then you have to balance the power of the world builders so that they can't destroy the rpgers. This could prove very difficult as the funnest element of this type of game would have to be the most restricted. The rts could be a little easier, as it doesn't inherently need to focus on killing.

Just to shoot some ideas off that I'm having while thinking about it. What if instead of an rpg, its more of an fps (or maybe some fps/rpg hybrid, as players would have to have some persistent stuff), thus the constant dying because of the rts wouldn't phase the players and in fact would be expected. You can still have leveling and items, though to a smaller degree. This could prove highly interesting and entertaining, especially if the world builders are thought of as some type of demigod. Then general (rts players) - demigod alliances could drastically influence the outcome of a battle. This could create some interesting and pretty unique guild/clan battles and wars.

This is a different route than the one you seem to be taking, but perhaps it will stir up some other ideas or maybe parts of it could be integrated somehow into your ideas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement