Electronic music available for indie games

Started by
1 comment, last by opticalnoise 17 years, 1 month ago
Artist: Digital Outcast Site: http://www.box.net/public/7hkpl21ro5 Site: http://www.myspace.com/thedigitaloutcast I have a lot of music that I wrote over the last few years that hasn't been put to any use at all and I'd like to offer it up to anybody who needs game music and has the technical capability to use waveform audio (not just midi, etc), preferably in a compressed format. I am a completely non-for-profit musician. All I ask is that you credit me within the game somewhere as being the composer and by putting my web URL in somewhere. Other than that please feel free to chop, slash, and hack your way through my archives! Some of it is good, some of it is terrible, almost all of it is pretty old school. Please note that at this time I won't be able to create any custom music right now as my talents are presently being used for Omenware's upcoming smash hit, 'Mood'. :P And of course for anyone who wants to listen, download, burn, share, etc, feel free!
Advertisement
Yo! I'm not a programmer of any description, but I was suitably intrigued enough to listen to your music. Electronic music isn't a genre I usually listen to, so "Deep Down" sounded suitably unique to me. It's quite different from what I normally listen to and had some great-sounding synths. Very nice. Congratulations! You've earned a bookmark!

What software did you use, pray tell?

EDIT: Now I have "Deep Down" stuck in my head...grr! on you.
Hey Lily, thanks for the compliments!

To answer your question - for production, I use hardware synth gear (Most prominently my Roland MC-505 with some support gear) to produce the actual sounds, then I record and mix with Cool Edit Pro (Which was later redone as Adobe Audition, but I am yet to "upgrade" :P ). Sometimes if I need a type of rythm that I can't produce on the 505, I'll produce the rhthym loop in fruity loops and then mix that in with the rest of the synth. The album that this song comes out of is "Nocturnal", which was my most recent and still somewhat incomplete at this point album.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement