Yet another FF7 cover song

Started by
9 comments, last by blueEbola 17 years, 1 month ago
Well it's officially spring break and I had nothing to do the past few days... so I decided to do another cover song. This time it's the song that comes on when Sapphire Weapon attacks Junon.. check it out: FF7 - Weapon Raid (right-click save as) Tell me what you guys think! It's a bit of a loose interpretation, but I still think it turned out well.
Advertisement
I think you've done a pretty good job! I didnt recognise it at all for the first 30 seconds, then it suddenly all came flooding back. Dont suppose you have a tab for it?
Very nice. The style works well. :)

What kind of equipment/software did you use for recording? Are the drums synthesized?
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
It was a long time since I heard that song but I recognize the melody. It's nice to hear that the instruments sound more realistic than they did in the game, it was Playstation after all [grin]
It's definitely impressive considering you're probably playing those instruments yourself. I couldn't hear any misplaced tones either, so I have to consider it good.

The introductionary sounds is often the most difficult part, they should both catch attention and not make the remaining part fade away. The introduction in your melody caught my attention, much because of the quite heavy electrical guitar. At the same time it might be good to wait with the heavy sounds, considering the action in the FMV intensifies. But you have a good balance because it continues to sound well. Anyway, good work all together!
Aw man, I was so disappointed, I thought someone had written a song about F77, the language of kings.

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

Great job! You should put this up at ocremix.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
Quote:Original post by jjd
Aw man, I was so disappointed, I thought someone had written a song about F77, the language of kings.

Here you go -> Song
Just put it to a tune.
Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

@Sonnenblume: I have a powertab. My interpretation is very loose, like I said though. The powertab is for how to play the *original* orchestrated song. If you want it give me a PM!

Quote:Original post by oscinis
Very nice. The style works well. :)

What kind of equipment/software did you use for recording? Are the drums synthesized?

The drums are synthesized. I'm using the free drumkit from naturalstudio.co.uk, and mixing the samples using FLStudio. Orchestral sounds are done using Edirol HQ, and everything else is mixed and mastered in Adobe Audition.

Equipment:

Ibanez Roadstar II
PODxt (all guitar and basstones are coming from this badboy)
Behringer UB1102 mixer/preamp
Quote:Original post by Dim_Yimma_H
It was a long time since I heard that song but I recognize the melody. It's nice to hear that the instruments sound more realistic than they did in the game, it was Playstation after all [grin]
It's definitely impressive considering you're probably playing those instruments yourself. I couldn't hear any misplaced tones either, so I have to consider it good.

The introductionary sounds is often the most difficult part, they should both catch attention and not make the remaining part fade away. The introduction in your melody caught my attention, much because of the quite heavy electrical guitar. At the same time it might be good to wait with the heavy sounds, considering the action in the FMV intensifies. But you have a good balance because it continues to sound well. Anyway, good work all together!

Thanks man! Haha, the only instruments I'm truly playing are the guitar and the bass in this song. The orchestral instruments in the background are synthesized and the drums are synthesized as well. I put in quite a bit of work messing with velocities and slight panning effects to make them seem like they are real though. :)
That's really cool. That scene is fresh in my mind from having been replaying FF7 lately.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement