DirectInput problem

Started by
1 comment, last by Brisco 17 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I implemented some type of input engines, which simplifies to handle different controller types, but there is a problem with devices connected to the gameport. Joysticks, wheels, etc. which are connected using USB are working fine, they are correctly enumerated and values for axis and buttons are returned. It also works fine for mouse and keyboard, but (as far as I can say) all devices which are connected to the gameport are enumerated, but return always zero for axis and buttons. Nevertheless, the calibration in windows system settings does work - so it should not be a hardware defect. Is there something to consider during implementation for gameport devices? Thank you for your help.
Advertisement
I've not experienced the same problem - for a long time I was using a crappy 2-axis gamepad attached to a traditional gameport.

Do your devices work okay in the SDK samples? That'd be the best test - if they work there then its an indication your code is wrong. You then need to compare the SDK's code to your code [wink]

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Thank you for your answer. The SDK sample works fine - so it seems I really have to compare the code. Nevertheless, I don't understand why USB devices are working... but I will find out. :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement