Code organization question

Started by
3 comments, last by cdoty 17 years ago
I have a simple question about code organization in visual C++ 2005. I have a solution for my game, which consists of several projects. In one of these projects, I use an external library which has alot (about 50) header files. While developing, I want to be able to quickly open up some of these headers to find some definition. Would you add all these headers as header files of your project? Should I create another project that has all the headers? What is the usual method to handle this?
Advertisement
You should be able to just place the cursor over your include directive right-click and select "Open This Document" from the popup menu. Personally, I wouldn't bother adding the headers to your project unless you also plan to modify them.

Cheers,
Pat.
I second darookie's opinion, don't include the headers unless you are building the external library yourself. The "Open This Document" works perfectly for me.

For this kind of thing I really love Visual Assist X (from Whole Tomato). It does all the things you wanted to do with IntelliSense, but never could.
Thanks guys, didn't know I could do that. It works fine.
Why not create a seperate folder, and put the header files in there, especially if you are accessing the files alot? This way, you can collapse the folder, and not have it take up much space.

Check out Super Play, the SNES inspired Game Engine: http://www.superplay.info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement