Graphical PHP Adventure/RPG (w/ Screenshot)

Started by
2 comments, last by EggRogue 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi Guys, After 4 years of part-time work on it, I finally have something to show you! It's a PHP/MySql graphical adventure/rpg gaming system I've been developing. It's still in a very alpha/basic stage, but it does have a lot of functionality. I've put v1.3.3 up there for all to play, it will however be a closed project once I get enough feedback to create the new v1.4.0! The Current features of v1.3.3 are: WorldMap System - Navigate through a completely graphical environment, with islands/layers of other worldmaps Item System - Buy, Sell, Pickup, Drop, +Bonuses Shop System - Buy, Sell certain items at certain shops Battle System - Exp points, Hp's, Attack & Defense formulas Quest System - Very basic (barely functional) system, currently turned off Multiplayer - You can see other players walk around, but can't interact yet Check out the game website: SouthBlue Studios - PHP Gaming/Development Check out this screenshot: Screenshot Of PHP Game [Edited by - reapfyre on May 18, 2007 5:51:23 AM]
Advertisement
that is cool, it's amazing what you can do with imagination, well done! it plays nicely too.

I have a suggestion, when the mouse moves over a square could you highlight the square segment so the user knows what square they are clicking on?

nice work!
Hey Virtual X,

Thanks alot for your comments. I really want some great feedback for the next version I'm planning.
If you have some spare time, join the forum and post your thoughts - Forum.

I noticed alot of people were stuck on the same spot, that is a recent bug I just found, I recently changed how the Map Creation queries were done, it made it alot faster but unfortunately displays only one character per square and whichever character was made first gets displayed and fails to display the navigation links for the logged in character.

That is why I'm reseting the database every 48 hours, but for now I've spread the characters that were stuck on the creation spawn point out so that they can all walk again.

I know its a stupid bug huh, but thats why I want to completely go for every suggestion and good idea for the new release, v1.4.0.

Any one who visited the site, please feel free to post your comments here or in the forum.
Great work! Nice one :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement