Question to 3ds format gurus :-)

Started by
1 comment, last by Neisa 16 years, 12 months ago
Here's some problem with exporting to 3ds. Is this list of chunks enough for 3D Max to load my file:

const unsigned short CHUNK_MAIN                = 0x4D4D; // [-]
    const unsigned short CHUNK_VERSIONF      = 0x0002; // 
    const unsigned short CHUNK_OBJMESH          = 0x3D3D; // [-] 
      const unsigned short CHUNK_MESHVERSIONF  = 0x3D3E; 
      const unsigned short CHUNK_OBJBLOCK        = 0x4000; // [+]  
        const unsigned short CHUNK_TRIMESH      = 0x4100; // [-]  
          const unsigned short CHUNK_VERTLIST    = 0x4110; // [+]  
          const unsigned short CHUNK_FACELIST    = 0x4120; // [+] 
I feel that something is missed. Can anyone suggest me how many chunks should be listed to get a valid 3ds file? [Edited by - Neisa on May 16, 2007 11:19:11 PM]
Advertisement
Here's what i've been using....

#define PRIMARY       0x4D4D#define OBJECTINFO		0x3D3D				// This gives the version of the mesh and is found right before the material and object information#define VERSION			0x0002				// This gives the version of the .3ds file#define EDITKEYFRAME	0xB000				// This is the header for all of the key frame info#define MATERIAL		0xAFFF				// This stored the texture info#define MATNAME				0xA000			// This holds the material name#define MATDIFFUSE			0xA020			// This holds the color of the object/material#define MAT_TEXMAP			0xA200			// This is a header for a new material#define MAT_MAPNAME			0xA300			// This holds the file name of the texture#define MAT_SPECMAP			0xA204#define MAT_BUMPMAP			0xA230#define OBJECT			0x4000				// This stores the faces, vertices, etc...#define OBJECT_MESH			0x4100			// This lets us know that we are reading a new object#define OBJECT_VERTICES		0x4110			// The objects vertices#define OBJECT_FACES		0x4120			// The objects faces#define OBJECT_MATERIAL		0x4130			// This is found if the object has a material, either texture map or color#define OBJECT_UV			0x4140			// The UV texture coordinates

Is it necessarily to use OBJECT_UV chunk? Can this work without it?

When I'm trying to open my 3ds file, I'm getting error improrer file format. Does this happen only when 3dmax can't load file?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement