JUST IMPLEMENT REFLACTION AND EVERYTHING GOES SLOW(1 FPS)

Started by
3 comments, last by xeexIII 16 years, 11 months ago
I download from nehe:reflection turorial,code and exe. I run the exe on windowed mode and give no more than 1 fps I run the exe on fullscreen mode and run perflectly. i make my code very similar to nehe`s reflaction code. I work with allegrogl,c++,dev-cpp i run my code on fullscreen: void main() . . . allegro_gl_clear_settings(); allegro_gl_set (AGL_COLOR_DEPTH, 24); allegro_gl_set (AGL_Z_DEPTH, 8); allegro_gl_set(AGL_FULLSCREEN, TRUE); allegro_gl_set (AGL_DOUBLEBUFFER, 1); allegro_gl_set (AGL_SUGGEST, AGL_COLOR_DEPTH | AGL_Z_DEPTH | AGL_DOUBLEBUFFER ); set_gfx_mode(GFX_OPENGL, res_x,res_y , 0, 0); . . . } well i thing i did (maybe here i have the problem) I run on fullscreen mode 1024×768 and give no more than 1 fps I run on fullscreen mode 512×384 and give no more than 2 fps i think i dont know how to set fullscreen mode on allegrrogl, but the only thing i am very sure is if i run on windowed mode nehe´s reflaction exe it run relly relly slow, similar to my code. But if that run ok (nehe's reflaction exe) even on FULLSCREEN, am pretty sure i am doing something wrong. PLEASE HELP
Advertisement
1) Don't double post
2) Don't post in all caps

There's already a discussion going on in your old thread:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=448323&whichpage=1

-me
Palidine once again thank for the answer.

but,i think the subject is other.
Now i am asking about setting corectly the fullscreen mode on allegro.
I think like is a allegro question it must be on alternative library forum.
I post here after i post on opengl forum.
Why the user of allegro forum must have knowledge about openl forum?

Quote:Original post by xeexIII
I think like is a allegro question it must be on alternative library forum.

AllegroGL isn't Allegro; it's an OpenGL wrapper that lets you use it with Allegro. I'll leave this open in case an AllegroGL user can help you, but I have a feeling the other thread is more likely to get you an answer.

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

ok,thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement