WarScathed: Revolution [!!!!IMAGE HEAVY!!!!]

Started by
125 comments, last by jbadams 16 years, 10 months ago
i want to see some wireframes, they look so good, i really want to see how they're put together (polyflow) because i am not able to pickout any lowpoly points in the entire model (points that give away a normal mapped model is lowpoly).
good work.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Advertisement
Ok, yes ill get ahold of those, what i might do is post them with the hair, as that will make a sensible update :D
I'm guessing those aren't low poly models, probably in the mid-poly range of above 2000 polygons, maybe more, still they do look quite good, good job
they are just under 2000, with a total of 8000 for every character in-game, we have high limits cause our engine can coupe with it :D
Quote:Original post by rawk234
they are just under 2000, with a total of 8000 for every character in-game, we have high limits cause our engine can coupe with it :D

using a standard portal based engine then i am assuming? our engine is the same way, lets you get by with a lot of polys on screen in each area as long as you properly setup the level layout to deal with it. though you still have to watch memory limits though.
yeah, all levels having loading in bettween, however weve discised this by running cinematic videos during the loading showing what the squad did to get to the next mission :D

level wise we only model one or two routes that the player can take, blocking off ally ways with items like bins, etc, as to make the world "seem" bigger.
Quote:Original post by rawk234
yeah, all levels having loading in bettween, however weve discised this by running cinematic videos during the loading showing what the squad did to get to the next mission :D

level wise we only model one or two routes that the player can take, blocking off ally ways with items like bins, etc, as to make the world "seem" bigger.
sounds like a plan, and yeah i believe halo 2 did that for its loading.

The concept of the game and the character heads look awesome. I would love to play this game. Best of luck on your project.
Th you so much, we really enjoy doing these little public updates. We'll have another major one in a week or so, up until then the characters will come to life.

Just to let you know, anyone that is either

Person and can speak both English and Russian
Person that can speak English and has an Italian accent
Person that has a Canadian accent
Person that has a French accent
Person that has an American accent.

You will be required to do large amounts of recording, you should have respectable recording gear.

Thank you.
Quote:
Volentry, There is no compensation available.

Holy shit. Horrible spelling error followed by a capital mid-sentence.

Looks friggin' awesome but! Very graphic intensive, I'm guessing. My shit-box won't be able to run it. :(
Nick Wilson - Junior C# Developer | See my crappy site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement