Original Post
Some background: I am a 14 year old Texan. I come from a background of web designing, and therefore know HTML, PHP, javascript, little ASP, little bit of other languages. I have been coding PHP since I was ten, and learned HTML at 8. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I started learning C++ recently, mainly just because I wanted to see if I could :p, but I didn't get very far at all because it was extremely dull, I knew the basics, just not the syntax for them, so I switched to visual basic. I have created an extremely advanced calculator in it, but I have decided that it isn't the best language to learn because it really creates sloppy coders, and has no where near the power I want. I still have all my C++ stuff, including the Digital Mars compiler. I have also downloaded Visual C++, Visual C#, and of course Visual Basic (all express, I am fourteen and therefore have no $$$). So, I searched around and have decided the most popular starting language is C++, however when I go to you for beginner reource fo people who are already coders, then it gives me a crapload of stuff about Direct X. Questions: 1.) Are C# and C the same thing? 2.) How do I make games with directX (is it free)? 3.) If DirectX is not free, C or C++ (or c#?)?