Original Post
Hello all. I'm working on a card game. The game itself is pinochle which was our family game and now that I'm out on my own I'd kind of like to be able to play it myself which is the impetus to making the game. The non-ai aspects of the project are coming along nicely. However, I have zero experience with ai theory, practice, or programming. I'm assuming from wandering about the archives here and a few google searches that the type of implementation I might be looking toward is a Finite State Machine (as does seem to make sense as there are finite situations to be involved in in a card game). My knowledge is so limited that I don't have any specific questions at the moment. However, I would generally like to ask if the FSM is the type of thing I'm looking for and can ya'll point me in the direction of a few decent websites/tutorials? I've found a few places but I thought I'd ask and see if you guys had strong recommendations or if there's stuff I've missed. Less importantly but if someone feels like spending the time I would ask how something like an FSM is generally implemented within the program and are there any examples I could have a gander at? Thanks for your help.