Device.Clear() causes crash...

Started by
4 comments, last by devronious 16 years, 8 months ago
The following code crashes my Managed DirectX app but only when DirectX is in debug mode...
[source lang = "c#"]
                Color bg = Color.Transparent;
               // Color bg = Color.Black;

if (this.clearRequired)
                {
                    this.initializer.Device.Clear(ClearFlags.Target, bg, 1, 0);
                    this.clearRequired = false;
                }

Anybody know how this could happen? Thanks in advance, Devin
Advertisement
This is probably one of the debug assertations. Since you use the debug runtimes you ought to see a nice error description in the debug output view.

This usually indicates a wrong parameter or state.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Thanks, but what's the debug output view? Is that something in DirectX or Visual Studio?

-Devin
I believe he's referring to the Output window in Visual Studio, at the bottom of the screen.
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
Yep, sorry, i meant the default output view of Visual Studio.

Note that on assertations i sometimes have to press Ignore once to actually get the debug info in the output view. I don't know if that applies to managed DirectX as well.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

OK. I see now. I wasn't sure what the output window even was. I'm somewhat new to VS and am still learning. I usually get the debug window and fix the errors I see in that window. But this is the portion that has errors in the output window (I'm not sure what to do with it though? Help?)...

A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in DirectX.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.InvalidCallException' occurred in Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.InvalidCallException' occurred in Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in DirectX.dll
'DirectFormsSample.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement