Book after Beginnig C++ Game Programming?

Started by
22 comments, last by Emmanuel Deloget 16 years, 9 months ago
Anyone can recommend me a book after it (I think that the next book could be Making my first graphics in c++ or something like this) If anyone could recommend me a book pleaSE? thank you
Advertisement
anyone please?
If you want to learn what(mainly maths) lies underneath any game engine, you can have a look(a long one) at

tricks of the windows game programming gurus
and
tricks of the 3d game programming gurus

instead, if you want to get quickly started on the path, read online tutorials and maybe a little later buy a reference book like the ogl redbook to go deeper
I'm happy to be your BacKdoOrMaaan
I would like to start doing my first 2d game (this needs a game engine) but i don´t know what should i do now

Help me please

Thank you
If you are new to programming and C++, then Game Programming all in one is a great book for you.It shows you how to do 2D graphics in C++ and you make 3 games total in the book.
I'm a loser, thanks for letting me know.N00b game programmer.
Thank you
If you want to make 2D games using C++, might I offer checking out SDL?

Lazy Foo has some great SDL tutorials for you.

Also, since you have your head wrapped around C++ a little bit now, a book I think every programmer should read is Effective C++ by Scott Meyers. It's not game related directly, but it's programming related, so it can help your games definitely.
Is Game Programming All in One 1 edition a good book for starting ith graphics(C++)?

Thank you
please i need help
I dont like game programming all in one. Before starting graphics get a good math book. After that you can check out some books that are geared directly towards graphics programming. (can't remember the names off the top of my head someone help me out here)
-durfy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement