Original Post
Hello. I'm very much into solving the GO strong play problem. I know that so far the best computer GO programs play master level moves but they still lose to a novice human GO player because one bad move can ruin the whole master level game! There have been studies on minimax, monte carlo and neural networks i.e. machine learning, but so far none of the methods has been successful beyond surface. I think that expert systems are not the solution. I have thought about some kind of learning associative system that would associate board situations with made moves and game end result and with that data learn the significance of the moves and expected end result of move M in board B. But i want to discuss about this: Does anyone have any ideas why GO still remains unsolved, what is GO all about and what could be tried to solve the strong master level GO problem? :)