Brett Porter's MS3D anim project.

Started by
2 comments, last by Kazade 16 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering, seeing as real-soon-now (brett's old site from waaaaaay back) is now dead, does anyone know of any mirrors to his MS3D skeletal-animation project? There's a small section of skinning code that I'd like to look up (and being the MS3D format with only one bone-weight per vertex it's a nice simple example to demonstrate with). I had this backed up at some point, but over the years I must've lost it somehow. Thanks in advance if anyone knows of anywhere that it's mirrored (or can provide one of course!) ^_^;
Advertisement
A quick google turned up http://www.cpe15.com/phallalax/ms3danim.zip

I've downloaded and virus scanned it and it appears to be fine. It doesn't actually run mind you (I have never seen this particular app run even all those years ago when I last looked at it) but the source is there if you want to fix it [smile]

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Thanks alot, I DID actually google about, just most of what I found was posts discussing the project (or ports etc that people were trying to make) or of course the original site locations (now-dead) and no links to the source to download.

I'll fix it up and see what I can learn from the skinning code, thank you very much :)

EDIT: Code took about 5 minutes to patch-up, works fine, thanks again.

[Edited by - GavinC on August 15, 2007 4:59:13 AM]
Hi, I'm working on an MS3D loader at the moment for my OpenGL helper library. It's written in C++ (rather than C) so it is a bit simpler to read than Brett's original code. I'll post here when I upload it to SVN at my project home page
Member of the NeHe team.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement