Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Nvidia DirectX Driver Settings

Started by agale Aug 20, 2007 at 3:42 PM 2 replies 900+ views
Original Post
agale
agale
I am not very familiar with DirectX but I just want to set permanently some DirectX NVIDIA driver settings, for example setting anti-aliasing( AA ) from with in my C++ program. RivaTuner seems to do this by communicating with the driver. Does anyone has some information on how to achieve this or can point me to the right information? Regards Aaron
Krohm
Krohm
I remember I once found a control panel documentation on the website, but maybe it was for the linux driver.

There are possibly a few registry flags to hack in.

In general however, changing user'settings seems to be a BAD idea. Don't do that. The user selected this for a reason.

The example of setting FSAA doesn't fit. There's a standard D3D way to have FSAA enabled.
Previously "Krohm"
SimonForsman
SimonForsman
Quote:
Original post by Krohm
-----
In general however, changing user'settings seems to be a BAD idea. Don't do that. The user selected this for a reason.

The example of setting FSAA doesn't fit. There's a standard D3D way to have FSAA enabled.


Unless he is writing a configuration application of some kind. (a simplified one could be useful for alot of people for example)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
agale
agale
I am writing a configuration application for certain games that is why I want to put them in the registry. What I have done is used a product like Advanced Registry Tracer to see what changes have been made to the registry after using RivaTuner. For example AA uses this registry settings:

HKLM/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Video/{B10A79F0-46C9-4324-8916-93E81F74297F}/0000/ D3DOGL_70835937

HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{B10A79F0-46C9-4324-8916-93E81F74297F}/0000/ D3DOGL_70835937

I guess I have to figure out the options this way.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Aaron

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.