Debugging in Isohex book

Started by
1 comment, last by Ghhetto 23 years ago
Hello everyone! I am on my third reading of the IsoHex book and I must admit it is really good! I travel alot and this is the perfect book for me on the plane etc. Anyhoo, I am finally doing some coding and playing around with the samples provided. I need some help on setting a break in code when using Direct X full screen. Even though I put a break there, the full screen game screen hangs and does not return me back to the c++ ide. Can anyone help me with this? In particular, I am trying to look at chapter 19s source code and put a break when the mouse buttons are pushed, etc. I hope I made sense, hehe. Thanks in advance! Dan
Advertisement
Last I checked, you could only debug fullscreen with a second monitor. If you REALLY want to set breakpoints, try using a windowed app. It''s ONE good reason to provide windowed and fullscreen capabilities both in your game.

Eboz
eboz is correct, you cant debug in full screen unfortunately. It does work great with a 2nd monitor or with a 2nd computer connected to the first, look up remote debugging.

Possibility

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement