How VS skin get AABB

Started by
4 comments, last by kaifeng 16 years, 7 months ago
I am working on VS skin, everything working right. But AABB. All vertex is calculated in video card, How can I get AABB ? Thanks for any reply
Advertisement
why you need AABB?

you can compute it is VS of course..
You can easily preprocess the animations to calculate an aabb (either per animation or per frame), and then store that data with them.

Alternatively compute an aabb for the bones at runtime, and just expand it by 10% or so to make sure the whole model is enclosed in the box.
Thank for replies.
Use bone AABB and expand 10% is not bad.
But is there a way to change the position in vertex buffer? so i can get everything i want.
Quote:Original post by kaifeng
But is there a way to change the position in vertex buffer? so i can get everything i want.
Prior to D3D10 there is no guaranteed or easy way to persist the results of a shader.

People will perform simplified software transforms to generate animated collision meshes and the like. If it's really a problem then consider having a "low poly" version for collision and AABB generation and only use the high-res mesh for rendering.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

ok, i will use skeleton AABB for instead...
Thank for your replies

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement