Rate my "Bad Dreams" logo

Started by
13 comments, last by Koshmaar 16 years, 5 months ago
It really isn't to shabby for a programmer, but, there is always room for progress.

I was thinking eyes too, maybe somthing slit like, if you're going for the fear effect, that would work nicely, maybe add some demensions to it, or shadow, moonlight is great in the horror genre.

try to stick to one style of letters, if you are going for the pointy letters, like on the bottom of the letters, they are sharp, but at the top they round out. stick to one definate style. I suggest sharp letters, scarier.

one last thing, in my mind, go for all caps, it'll look cooler.

i think...

anyway, hope that helps, other than that, its looking good. =]
keep it up
Advertisement
I personally think there's too much space around the lettering, and although it's quite stylistic, I don't think that it's all necessarily coherent, in that the 'r' is very blocky, compared to the snake-like 's'.

and you'll find that if you're doing B&W, it'll generally work better as black on white, with a more compact logo. In my opinion at least.
If this is a hobby sort of thing, then keeping pushing this, it needs work. If it's for a serious business, you need to hire a graphic designer at industry rates because it's not salvageable.
The asymmetry doesn't work for me and the arms become naff after a while.

How about keeping this style but converting to a creepy face with smiling fangs as follows:

1. Centralise bad
2. More scythe like r
3. Shrink M to complement r
4. Size and shape S to complement D
5. Add eyes to b and d of bad
6. Keep a of bad unchanged - looks subtley nose like
7. Allow dreams to become smiling fangs. The open ended letters would work well. D and S would be canines.
OMG, I completely forgot about this thread and thought that people also forgot... now I see there was further discussion here.

Ok, here's the deal. Currently there are more important things to do than design a logo for a non-existing, one-man "company" that doesn't have any finished quality games. It's better to work on the games first, then, when they're finished, time for logo design will find itself :-)

I shouldn't have started it in the first place, my fault. Anyway, big thanks for great comments guys, when (if?) I'll resume this project, I'll definitely take them into consideration.

Vampyre_Dark: ups, took it for Z... which it would be when mirrored.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement