Help: 3ds-format and max

Started by
1 comment, last by zqueezy 16 years, 6 months ago
hey folks, I've encountered a serious problem. in fact there might be a simple solution but I just can't find it: When I export my Models from Max with the 3ds file format (the only one supoorted in my engine yet) the models are not centered where I centered them in max. I'm pretty sure that they are shown centered in my program, because most are but not all of them. I guess max is apllying some extra matrix or stuff when I use some models! and the unit problem is the same! which settings are most important to set when my model is already centered in max? hope this is not completely the wrong thread, but I'm more the programmer than a modeler... don't want to do too much in max thx zqueezy
Advertisement
when you load the 3ds models are you applying the transformation matrices from the file correctly? only thing i can think of without more info on how you load them is to make sure you apply the inverse matrix when you load them. and not sure what you mean by the unit problem? when i load a 3ds model into my engine i have to swap the coords like 3dsY->x, 3dsZ->y, 3dsX->z and some models i load are ridiculously big compared to other ones that look the same size from within max so have to scale some down manually in the scene editor.
well, at least the positioning is related to the pivot point somehow...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement