how exactly to setup Ogg?

Started by
13 comments, last by synth_cat 15 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by synth_cat
Sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone know where I can find ogg.dll, vorbisfile.dll, etc.? I can't find them on the oggvorbis site - just source code. I can come across the oggvorbis-win32sdk.zip file on other places online, but I'm not sure which places are "safe."

They don't supply binaries, have you tried compiling it yourself?
If you really just want a ready made one, the dll's are included in the project file downloads of this tutorial on devmaster.net
Advertisement
Quote:
They don't supply binaries, have you tried compiling it yourself?
If you really just want a ready made one, the dll's are included in the project file downloads of this tutorial on devmaster.net

I tried going to the oggvorbis site and downloading their files. I end up with a bunch of "create_ogg_dll.bat" type files which all fail when I try to run them as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I did check the download links on the DevMaster tutorial and the Dev-C++ one does indeed contain ogg.dll, vorbisfile.dll, and the others. Am I free to use these for commercial purposes, or am I legally required to build them myself?

And does anyone know how to build the dlls from the files from the oggvorbis site? I want to be able to switch between static vs. dynamic if necessary, and the files that come with the DevMaster tutorial files seem to be just the dynamic versions.
Greg Philbrick, Game Developercoming soon . . . Overhauled CellZenith
I tried building libvorbis on my own by going into the xiph files into libvorbis-1.2.0\win32\VS2005\libvorbis and building the project file in there.

I get these errors, even if I change global IDE settings to go to the "lib" directory within the libvorbis-1.2.0

Linking...   Creating library C:\Documents and Settings\Student\Desktop\libvorbis-1.2.0\win32\VS2005\libvorbis\Debug/libvorbis.lib and object C:\Documents and Settings\Student\Desktop\libvorbis-1.2.0\win32\VS2005\libvorbis\Debug/libvorbis.expanalysis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_bytes referenced in function _vorbis_analysisbitrate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_bytesinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_bytesanalysis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_get_buffer referenced in function _vorbis_analysisbitrate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_get_bufferanalysis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_reset referenced in function _vorbis_analysisinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_resetmapping0.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writeres0.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writebitrate.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_write referenced in function _vorbis_bitrate_addblockcodebook.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writefloor1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writeinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writebitrate.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writetrunc referenced in function _vorbis_bitrate_addblockblock.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writeinit referenced in function _vorbis_block_initinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writeinitblock.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writeclear referenced in function _vorbis_block_clearinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_writeclearmapping0.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readres0.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readsynthesis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readcodebook.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_read referenced in function _vorbis_staticbook_unpackfloor0.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readfloor1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readcodebook.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_adv referenced in function _decode_packed_entry_numbercodebook.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_look referenced in function _decode_packed_entry_numberinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readinit referenced in function _vorbis_synthesis_idheadersynthesis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_readinit
OK, I figured it out.

You have to build the ogg libs first (use the .dsw that comes with the ogg file off xiph.) Then you do the same with the vorbis libs, except in order to build them you have to link to the ogg libs you just created.
Sorry to keep on bringing this up, but I have another problem.

When I build in Debug I'm getting the warning
Quote:
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

I get no such warning when I build in Release mode.

- I am using Visual C++ 2005 Express
- In Debug Mode my Runtime Library setting is Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)
- In Release my Runtime Library setting is Multi-threaded (/MT)
- In Debug Mode I link to ogg_static.lib vorbis_static.lib vorbisfile_static.lib
- In Release I link to ogg_static.lib vorbis_static.lib vorbisfile_static.lib

Does anyone know if the LNK4098 should be worried about in this case? If so, how can I fix it, seeing as the problem seems to have to do with the pre-built libs I am linking to?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement