Window Management Library

Started by
7 comments, last by Prozak 16 years, 2 months ago
I'm looking for a Windows-centric Window management library that will allow me to create controls similar to those we find in the Visual Studio IDE, or something along those lines. I'm not very fond of MFC, and the current project this is intended for requires a redesign of the User Interface, so I'm shopping around for libs that will allow me to have good looking forms. Any tips?
Advertisement
.Net forms?

theTroll
This is a pure Win32 C++ project, so, no .Net.
Are you looking for something like Qt or GTk?
wxWidgets Cross platform but provides native GUI controls.
I think I'll have a look at wxWidgets, it seems to be my cup o'tea.

Thanks all, R++!
You may want to give MFC another look. There'll be an update that adds features like dockable panels, a ribbon control, and customizable toolbars.

WTL's not too bad if you're looking for some UI elements in a C++ package, but don't want all of the MFC bloat. Still not a walk in the park to work with, but at least it's not Win32. But then again I still like to work mostly in straight Win32 with a light wrapper class to help things work in C++ (but I think that's just because I'm masochistic [smile]).
Quote:Original post by MJP
WTL's not too bad if you're looking for some UI elements in a C++ package, but don't want all of the MFC bloat. Still not a walk in the park to work with, but at least it's not Win32. But then again I still like to work mostly in straight Win32 with a light wrapper class to help things work in C++ (but I think that's just because I'm masochistic [smile]).

I guess that makes two of us masochists heheh [wink]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement