[.net] [XNA2.0] Colour "mixing" during camera movement

Started by
1 comment, last by sanch3x 16 years, 2 months ago
Hey, we're currently working on a 2d top view shmup where a portion of the map is surrounded by black and yellow warning stripes. The graphics were all done on 32x32 tiles but the stripes are 3 pixels long and 2 pixels wide (each row having a small offset to give it that diagonal look). The problem is that when the camera moves these stripes seem to slightly mix making the yellow a litle darker. Is this a problem related to the file type used for the tilesets or some sort of colour approximation algo used by XNA? We don't get this mix anywhere else only on the black and yellow stripes (maybe because of the huge contrast?). The problem only arises when the camera moves, if the map is static the colours are perfect.
Advertisement
I don't think this is something xna is doing. It sounds to me like it's just an optical illusion, caused by the high contrast, as you said.

I see things like that all the time on my LCD monitor.
I was afraid of that. Since we had problems with anti-aliasing being applied to a sprite we rotate I figured that maybe it was something like that. Ah well, I see what I can do on the graphical side of things :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement