Original Post
For those who are interested in such things, I have just updated my Evolutionary PacMan project on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/aipac/ The most significant change is addressing instability issues. Apparently many users had problems with the application shutting down unexpectedly. I have made a number of changes which should address this problem. Please don't hesitate to let me know if problems of this sort still occur. Two representation methods are in place: Windowed, in which a window around PacMan constitutes the inputs. Each tile in the window (except under PacMan himself) has an input associated with dots/walls, power pellets, and ghosts. Users can select which inputs are used through the parameters file. Global, in which details of the maze are used as inputs, e.g., PacMan's X and Y coordinates, ghost X and Y coordinates, ghost state, power pellet state, presence of walls or dots around PacMan. Again, the specifc inputs used are selectable through the parameters file. I hope this can be useful and/or entertaining. -Kirk