Vertex Buffer?

Started by
0 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 2 months ago
Hey, First of all I'm newly started with D3D. I read some articles and tutorials about the creation of Vertex Buffer but now I have a question. I was trying to find out which graphics library is more suitible for me lately and I figured out the vertex array implementations of OpenGL is changing in time. As far as I understand it was Compiled Vertex Array first and it has swapped with a new tech. and now They're using Vertex Buffer Object (VBO) for this goal. My question is; In D3d is there such changes on the things you use to do something. Is CreateVertexBuffer function up-to-date and fast enough or is it becoming obsolete?
Advertisement
The Direct3D API is much MUCH more stable than OpenGL. Ok, so they'll probably burn me alive for saying that - the core OpenGL API's semantics and syntax hasn't changed in over 20 years whereas Direct3D's changes every couple of years or so (2004 then again in 2007) but with OpenGL's reliance on the extensions mechanisms that really becomes a moot point. The situations you describe sounds like a fairly common story in OpenGL-land.

Specifically, CreateVertexBuffer() is as up-to-date as you'd ever care about. I think it's been in the API in much the same form for around 7 years now [grin]

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement