Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

NvPerfHUD

Started by Azzazelus_13 Jan 31, 2008 at 12:33 AM 0 replies 950+ views
Original Post
Azzazelus_13
Azzazelus_13
I set up Nvidia PerfHUD and I made a simple test. Loaded a texture, the VID MEMORY graph is showing me a value (how Mb is occupied in the video). 1. Why if I SetLOD for that texture to have a lower quality the VID MEMORY decreases but after 2 seconds the amound gets the same as the original texture.. 2. Why the graf is not to 0 if I dont have any texture ? If my application is just clearing the buffer. Thanks
MJP
MJP
Quote:
Original post by Azzazelus_13

2. Why the graf is not to 0 if I dont have any texture ? If my application is just clearing the buffer.



The front-buffer and the back-buffer need space in memory too, ya know. [smile]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.