artist in need of advice

Started by
10 comments, last by Tom Sloper 16 years, 3 months ago
[thinking out loud]

i would think that as a concept artist, your personal style would matter as much or more than your technical skills. Sort of like greeting card artists, many of whom are in such of field because of their lack of skill but nice style. So if you wanted a job and had skills, you might get turned down simply because they don't like your style/look.

That's a lot less insulated than being, say, a 3D modeler or a product photographer.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by blackvans1234
hey thanks, (i know this is a opinion question) but do you think that i should try to learn photoshop cs3 (i have it), or keep at the drawing?
also, what exactly do you do with photoshop after you have penciled out a concept, like color it in and give it textures?

You haven't said how old you are. Have you been to college? Are you planning to go to college?
Yes, you should learn Photoshop. Yes, you should continue to polish your drawing skills.
No, after you scan your drawing you can continue turning your analog artwork into a suitable digital artwork to satisfy the purpose for which you were asked to create it by your boss and coworkers.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement