Isometric shadow mapping

Started by
32 comments, last by O-san 15 years, 11 months ago
There will most likely be an option to turn it on and off. I have already such an option in the map editor, as I know it can be an annoyance.
Advertisement
Was just about to say the same thing. Make sure you leave Bloom, blur and all other post processing stupidity as toggle options. I know I'm not along in being unable to play a game where I can't turn all that off, makes my eyes dry and uncomfortable looking at a blurry mess on the screen. It's prevented me from playing some recent top of the line games because they neglected to add those same options when porting from the consoles.

Not a criticism, I know a lot of people thing HDRBloomBlurOverBrightDoF looks great, just remember some of us don't ;)
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac
As a quick aside, which API do you use, and how did you work out the correct view angle? Also, I did PM you, O-san, dunno if you received it yet.

Edit: Also, looking back, I quite liked the look of your "rounded edge" blocks. They suggested very old, very weathered stone.
I use OpenGL and orthographic projection. I set up the view by rotating the model view matrix.

glPushMatrix();  glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);  glLoadIdentity();  glOrtho(-Width/2/Zoom, Width/2/Zoom, -Height/2/Zoom, Height/2/mZoom, NEARZ, FARZ);  glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);  glLoadIdentity();  glRotated(-60,1,0,0);  glRotated(45,0,0,1);	glPopMatrix();

Regarding the stones, the graphics are not final in any way. I can switch between smooth and hard-edged edges in a jiffy. :-)

edit
I thought it would be nice to post a new screenshot. :)

I have been trying out some new simpler graphics which shows hard-edged polygons in indoor areas, though most of my development time goes into NPC implementation.
/edit

[Edited by - O-san on May 29, 2008 6:22:19 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement