Original Post
Hi there, first of all, I tried using the search function but it didn't help me much (maybe I didn't use it properly, anyway...). First I explain what I mean by saying "dynamic" Tic-Tac-Toe: The grid of the game can be determined before the game starts, for instance the normal grid is 3 by 3. And can be 4 by 3 or what eer you might imagine. I already wrote a tic-tac-toe game with an AI, but it used the normal grid size and the AI was as basic as checking every possibility. Since the grid is dynamic I can't do that anymore, also the former AI wasn't really satisfying too much code for such a simple task. I began to think about implementing weights. I was inspired by some "tutorial" (more theoretic) about such a tic-tac-toe AI. It uses 2 Map, one called "friend" and the other "block"... Before I begin explaining all of this myself, I just link it... http://edais.mvps.org/Tutorials/TTTAI/index.html there are also two examples. Although there is the code (in VB, I am using c++) I can't really get through the code to know how this works. Also I've come to think that it might be a little difficult to do such maps for larger grid sizes. But so far this is the only idea that I have. I don't really want someone giving me the code, but more like giving me something like a general idea of how to accomplish that.... like helping me to help myself. After all, it is I who wants to lern stuff, and I want to think for myself, if possible, and not just copy & paste stuff. thank you in advance Qudeid [Edited by - Qudeid on February 10, 2008 2:05:04 PM]