Need help about Vertex Blending

Started by
3 comments, last by Kinju 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi all, I would like test the vertex blending, without shaders, without indexed matrices. My vertex structure is: struct Vertex { float x, y, z; // D3DDECLUSAGE_POSITION/D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT3 float weight[3]; // D3DDECLUSAGE_BLENDWEIGHT/D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT3 DWORD color; // D3DDECLUSAGE_COLOR/D3DDECLTYPE_D3DCOLOR } I enable vertex blending like this: g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_INDEXEDVERTEXBLENDENABLE, FALSE); g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_VERTEXBLEND, D3DVBF_2WEIGHTS ); For begin, I put all vertex weights to (1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f). Since the weights are influences with D3DTS_WORLD, D3DTS_WORLD1 and D3DTS_WORLD2, I presume that setting the first weight to 1.0f and others to 0.0f is like to disable vertex blending. Is it true ? For security, I set D3DTS_WORLD1 and D3DTS_WORLD2 matrix to identity. Because my geometry is not wellformed :'( What is not correct ? Thanks a lot
Advertisement
Quote:I enable vertex blending like this:
g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_INDEXEDVERTEXBLENDENABLE, FALSE);

If you enable vertex blending, shouldn't that be TRUE?
No because indexed vertex buffer is not yet supported by graphic cards, it is remplaced by shaders.

In fact, I solved my problem, it was the weight loader that was not correct. I think I have still a problem with setting the D3DTS_WORLD1 and D3DTS_WORLD2 matrix.

My D3DTS_VIEW matrice is:
1 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 -40
0 0 0 1

My first bone matrix is
1 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 10
0 0 0 1

My Second bone matrix is
1 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 20
0 0 0 1

When I set the world matrix 0, I inverse my matrix.
For world matrix 1 and 2, I suppose I have to inverse these matrix too, but I don't want if I have to multiply with the "previous" matrix.

Ex:
D3DTS_WORLD1 = inverse(inverse(D3DTS_WORLD0) * Bone1.GetMatrix())
D3DTS_WORLD2 = inverse(inverse(D3DTS_WORLD1) * Bone2.GetMatrix())

Something like this. I will try tonight.
Quote:I think I have still a problem with setting the D3DTS_WORLD1 and D3DTS_WORLD2 matrix.

As far as I know, when using shaders calls like SetTransform() are ignored, so you'll have to pass the matrices as shader constants.
Thanks for this information.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement