Third 3D model. Critque?

Started by
5 comments, last by rian carnarvon 16 years, 2 months ago
This is only the third thing I've attempted in a program like 3DS Max, i did it in just under a week in 3DS Max 2008 (school has a license).
Advertisement
A bit too dark.. I think you should try adding a directional light from above.
it looks to me like its night time in the image, (e.g. the lighting behind the windows) so the darkness outside makes sense. Perhaps the image shoudl zoom more on the house? and large tree?
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
Yea, but why not have a bit of moonlight?
Your grass and trees aren't that good looking. If your trying to make it better rather than move onto something new, you should add some billboarded plants/grass.

Also, no shadows :(

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

I would add a moon into the scene and some lighting from above. This would make the scene more visible.

Also adding in some shadowing would make it a bit more realistic. I don't really care for the look of the tree (all tho its very good for bing a 3rd project) and the house looks very good imo.
Thank you all. The tree's and the little grasses beside the lake were just AEC prefabs that come with 3DS max and generated, hence why they look so low-res.

The scene actually does have a soft-moonlight spotlight pointing downwards towards the hut, but since it is behind the camera it would look odd to have the moon visible opposite the light source.

And yes, i plan to add some shadowing and more detailed ground cover in the future.

Thanks for the comments ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement