SDL Weirdness

Started by
5 comments, last by rip-off 16 years, 1 month ago
Ok so absolute newcomer here. Me and a friend are working on a simple game, he works on Linux and he has just sent some code over to me. We are using SDL, although when I compile his code I get loads of errors, telling me that the compiler can't find certain parts of the SDL library, for example "SDL_image.h". the de-bugger says: SDL\SDL_image.h: No such file or directory So you might think that I've been rubish and not installed the library properly or that I've set up my compiler wrong but I've narrowed it down to the fact that SDL Library I'm using is missing bits. If I search my computer for SDL_image.h it can't be found. I use the standard library from here: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php What's going on here? Any help really appreciated.....I've got an interview at a games developement company next week! Thanks.
Advertisement
You have to install SDL_image.h separately. It does not come with come with SDL, but is an add-on you can find here.

HTH
Thank you very much! and may I ask where would I get this?

SDL/SDL_mixer.h: No such file or directory.

Thanks.
Try entering the name of any additional SDL based libraries into the search function on this page.
SDL_mixer.

And while you're at it, SDL_ttf is a common one to use too.
Thank you that's great! I have one more stupid question though. When you download the standard SDL and un-zip it, it's organised in to foledrs like 'bin' and 'include', so it's obvious where to copy them to on your computer. But with these additional libraries they dont look that organised so how do I know where to put all the files so the compiler can see them? I am using Dev-C++. Thanks
Lets take SDL_image as an example. What we want is the developer version of the library. This appears to be the file "SDL_image-devel-1.2.6-VC8.zip". Download this, and there are "include" and "lib" folders in it. Repeat for each library.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement