[SlimDX] Can't write to textures after switching to November version

Started by
3 comments, last by jpetrie 16 years, 1 month ago
For the past several months I've been using an older version of SlimDX(for the Sept. SDK) for my GameBoy emulator. Now I'm trying to add sound to it and therefore needed DirectSound support, so I downloaded the lastest version of SlimDX. The problem occurs at this line:
fixed( void* Pointer = &ColorArray[0,0] )
{
	LockedRect.Data.Write( new IntPtr( Pointer ), 256 * 144 * 4 );
}
The problem(other than being ugly) is that the compiler now claims this overload of Data.Write doesn't exist, however it still shows up in IntelliSense. I also tried the other assembly which is meant for the August SDK, but it had the same problem. Does anyone on the SlimDX team know how to fix this? Also this is the only unsafe code in the entire project. I know it's bad, but I needed a way to quickly write a 2D array and this seemed like the only one.
Advertisement
The library has undergone a rediculous amount of work since the November release, and a TON of stuff has been fixed/added/improved. I don't think any of us will really be able to help you with your question here, since that version of the code is so old now that the problem has probably been fixed.

We are on the very edge of our next release, we are just waiting for the March release of the DirectX SDK. I would suggest either getting our code from the repository to get the most up-to-date version, and/or waiting for the March binaries, which represent a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the previous version.

If you want to see a list of the changes we made, take a look at the current section of our Release Notes page.

EDIT: The closest overload in the current version of the source has been renamed to WriteRange. There are good reasons for the rename, but I'm not the person to ask. See jpetrie if you need to know why.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Alright, thanks. Judging by the release notes it doesn't look like DirectSound has been completed yet. I think for now I'll stick to the Sept. version and use MDX for sound.
Yes, unfortunately DirectSound support is still quite poor with SlimDX. We expect to have XAudio2 and DirectSound completely finished by the June release, but for now it may be best to wait. I personally wouldn't recommend using SlimDX DirectSound support right now.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Offhand, I know we fixed at least one bug where the compiler would choose the wrong overloads for Write methods post November. You may be running in to that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement