Developing for the iPhone? Anyone? Anyone?

Started by
23 comments, last by eng3d 15 years, 11 months ago
I am.
But there're so little res for iphone developing.
iPhone has a strong hareware for game, there will be more and more developers.
Advertisement
I'm going to start developing/learning how to use the SDK and try to throw my Orbox game on the iphone. Using iTouch to play that game with my twist I think would be really cool.

Also like it being mentioned plenty of times before it being the hot new trend, one of the hottest products of 08 why are more people not delving into this?

I own a PC, and the SDK is only available for Mac users, so is it worth converting my PC to a Mac for a the the sole purpose of developing iPhone Apps, or must I just wait until it is either hacked, or I buy my own Mac?

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about VMWare + PowerPC Emulator + Mac OS X Tiger 4

but my laptop is already a lagger, and can barely do what I do now, so not much of an option I'm really willing to try.

My MacBook is currently getting fixed (The battery died), but when it gets back I plan on developing on the iPhone. I've done some small Objective-C stuff in the past, but honestly it's not my favorite language. Lot's of Mac developers seem to advocate it, but it's just not for me. However, you can use C++, so I will give it a shot. The simulator just got updated recently with OpenGL ES support, which is nice. I already have an iPhone, but I don't want to dish out cash to test it on the iPhone before I'm sure I want to stick with it. I do see some profit by selling games on the iTunes store.

I'll post back when I get my MacBook back.
Thought I would just chime in as well. Now that the emulator has OpenGL ES support, I'm going to try something simple. I threw something together with the unofficial toolchain, wasn't hard at all because of OpenGL ES, just had to figure out its limitations.
Quote:Original post by aleisterbukowski
I'm going to start developing/learning how to use the SDK and try to throw my Orbox game on the iphone. Using iTouch to play that game with my twist I think would be really cool.

Also like it being mentioned plenty of times before it being the hot new trend, one of the hottest products of 08 why are more people not delving into this?

I own a PC, and the SDK is only available for Mac users, so is it worth converting my PC to a Mac for a the the sole purpose of developing iPhone Apps, or must I just wait until it is either hacked, or I buy my own Mac?

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about VMWare + PowerPC Emulator + Mac OS X Tiger 4

but my laptop is already a lagger, and can barely do what I do now, so not much of an option I'm really willing to try.

If you own a pc but a iphone or a mac, then you can look at Symbian 9.1, out of the touchscreen interface the rest is the same, Opengl es 1.1, Strongarm and such.

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement