Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

svn

Started by precious roy Mar 18, 2008 at 2:11 PM 7 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
precious roy
precious roy
Hi I was wondering if sum one can tell me how to make an svn. I know it's possible with www.assembla.com but i have no idea how to set it up thanks
blackcloak
blackcloak
I not 100% sure what your question is but most flavors of Linux come with SVN preinstalled.
Then you use a GUI or command line (svnadmin) to set up the svn server.
Black CloakEpee Engine.
precious roy
precious roy
ok lets say i have a svn programe (TortoiseSVN) and i want it to connect to a apache server

how would i set it all up ???
precious roy
precious roy
ok lets say i have a svn programe (TortoiseSVN) and i want it to connect to a apache server

how would i set it all up ???
precious roy
precious roy
ok lets say i have a svn programe (TortoiseSVN) and i want it to connect to a apache server

how would i set it all up ???

Edit:
hmm i have no idea what hapend i just prest post and then 3 how do i del a post
Ravyne
Ravyne
The easiest way is to install the subversion server yourself on your own machine. The upside is that you get full control over the system and you can make unlimited repositories, the downside is that you loose the remote backup that comes with a subversion provider such as the one you mentioned, and its difficult to grant access to others outside your home network unless you have a static IP.

If you can live with their terms of service, GoogleCode supports SVN repositories, as does SourceForge for OpenSource projects. Both of these also offer project management and bug-tracking systems.

The third option is to use a service like the one you mentioned, or one of its competitors. My web-hosting company, Dreamhost (who is one of the larger co-location server providers,) offers SVN as one of their many features. A basic plan there is just a few bucks per month.

In any event, I'll also recommend TortoiseSVN as the Shell-integration of choice for Windows systems.
throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");
blackcloak
blackcloak
SVN is a command line program.

If you want apache server to talk to your local SVN (assuming the SVN is installed on the box as the apache server ) you will need some web page running on the apache server that send command line commands to the SVN server. PHP and pearl are good languages to do that with.

or go with Ravyne suggestions.

Black CloakEpee Engine.
precious roy
precious roy
ok I made a project in assembla and I have TortoiseSVN now what exactly do I do after this step (I’ve seen my friend have it with the swgemu) but he doesn’t know how to set it up
precious roy
precious roy
I got it

it’s a plug in that you need to activate


thanks fore all the help

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.