• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

svn

This topic is 3626 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I was wondering if sum one can tell me how to make an svn. I know it's possible with www.assembla.com but i have no idea how to set it up thanks

Advertisement
I not 100% sure what your question is but most flavors of Linux come with SVN preinstalled.
Then you use a GUI or command line (svnadmin) to set up the svn server.

ok lets say i have a svn programe (TortoiseSVN) and i want it to connect to a apache server

how would i set it all up ???

ok lets say i have a svn programe (TortoiseSVN) and i want it to connect to a apache server

Edit:
hmm i have no idea what hapend i just prest post and then 3 how do i del a post

The easiest way is to install the subversion server yourself on your own machine. The upside is that you get full control over the system and you can make unlimited repositories, the downside is that you loose the remote backup that comes with a subversion provider such as the one you mentioned, and its difficult to grant access to others outside your home network unless you have a static IP.

If you can live with their terms of service, GoogleCode supports SVN repositories, as does SourceForge for OpenSource projects. Both of these also offer project management and bug-tracking systems.

The third option is to use a service like the one you mentioned, or one of its competitors. My web-hosting company, Dreamhost (who is one of the larger co-location server providers,) offers SVN as one of their many features. A basic plan there is just a few bucks per month.

In any event, I'll also recommend TortoiseSVN as the Shell-integration of choice for Windows systems.

SVN is a command line program.

If you want apache server to talk to your local SVN (assuming the SVN is installed on the box as the apache server ) you will need some web page running on the apache server that send command line commands to the SVN server. PHP and pearl are good languages to do that with.

or go with Ravyne suggestions.

ok I made a project in assembla and I have TortoiseSVN now what exactly do I do after this step (I’ve seen my friend have it with the swgemu) but he doesn’t know how to set it up

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement