cvXporter and Animation....revisited

Started by
3 comments, last by chadmv 16 years, 1 month ago
I've found some other posts on this topic. Notably this one (which links to a past one), about having problems exporting animation from Maya into .X format using Chad Vernon cvxporter. I am having this same problem. I'm using a .mb file obtained from this thread, along with Maya 2008, the 1.2 version of cvxporter and i'm using the latest DirectX SDK (March 2008). I'm expecting to see the animation in the .X Viewer but instead i just see a static model. So i wanted to find out if there was a particular way i had to set up the Maya project or use the export settings to get this working. The .mb file i got is a skinned and (i believe) boned mesh. But i have also seen this not work with a simple spinning cube. If Chad is still hanging around these forums then it would be great to get some help from the man himself. I know that in previous post he has given his e-mail out to send files but i thought it would be rude to just e-mail right of the bat. Any help much appreciated.
Advertisement
Bump.

If someone else with Maya could try it out for me it would be much appreciated.
It exports and plays just fine for me:
http://www.chadvernon.com/files/cylinder.x

Are you doing export all? If you just select the cylinder with export selected, it will just export the cylinder and not the bones that are driving it.
Thanks a lot for getting back to me. That .x file runs fine on my machine at home, i was trying to get it to export at work.

What i will do is take the file you exported to work with me and see if that is ok. Then i know its an issue with how i'm exporting it. I will make sure to do export all although i'm pretty sure this is what i did. I'll have to wait til tuesday to try it anyway (bank holiday weekend :D).

Would using Maya 2008 be any different?

Thanks again.
I used Maya 2008 to export the file so that shouldn't be a problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement