"GPU terrain rendering" codes running error inGame programming gems 6

Started by
3 comments, last by Adam_42 16 years, 1 month ago
When I run the file EmptyProject.exe in directory "...\5-5-GPUTerrainRendering\GPUTerrain",I was got an error dialog box, which tell me "The D3D device has a non-zero reference count,meaning some objects were not released." and "Could not find required media.Ensure that the Directx SDK is correctly installed." What wrong with me? How can I run EmptyProject.exe file correctly and see the terrain rendering result? My configuration is WindowsXP OS, NV Geforce 7300 GT,DirectX SDK (December)2005,Visual studio 2005.
Advertisement
Hi. Dont have the book, but if you post some code(read the faq for source tags)
and we all my be able to help.
Maybe you need a newer DX SDK. You say you're using a 2005 one, but that book was published in 2006... Does a DX SDK come with the book?
Quote:Original post by littleeboy
When I run the file EmptyProject.exe in directory "...\5-5-GPUTerrainRendering\GPUTerrain",I was got an error dialog box, which tell me "The D3D device has a non-zero reference count,meaning some objects were not released." and "Could not find required media.Ensure that the Directx SDK is correctly installed."

What wrong with me? How can I run EmptyProject.exe file correctly and see the terrain rendering result?

My configuration is WindowsXP OS, NV Geforce 7300 GT,DirectX SDK (December)2005,Visual studio 2005.

Yes even I have tried the source...doesnt work.
[google]

Searching for: Could not find required media.Ensure that the Directx SDK is correctly installed found this as the first hit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement