legal issues

Started by
1 comment, last by jolly_2007 16 years, 1 month ago
first of all, hello to all, I'm new here. I'd appreciate it if the big bosses around here would reply to this.. so, I want to make some game. of course, it will be based upon JM's and NeHe Prods' template code. I'm also going to "borrow" some source from the lessons and/or downloads. now the question is: provided I give all credits, and that the game will be open-source / freeware (hadn't made up my mind yet, but certainly not commercial), can I still look for sponsors? I just figured it'd be nice to ask. I also consider that my "terms" are quite lax and acceptable. thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jolly_2007
now the question is: provided I give all credits, and that the game will be open-source / freeware (hadn't made up my mind yet, but certainly not commercial), can I still look for sponsors?

'sponsors' is a fairly ambiguous word - I take it you mean financial sponsors? I don't see that using example code would impact that in any way, however, sponsors are not always easy to come by, at least until you have a very polished product.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

well.. you're fairly ambiguous yourself, LOL.

I believe I can take it as a "Yes".
guess that w/ 40 views, and only one reply.. my situation isn't a subject people are interested in.

I'm outta here, for now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement