Original Post
First of all, you guys are just awesome. I appreciate the hospitality and welcome I received from my greeting thread. But now I guess I can open up a bit. I wanted to talk with you guys about how and why I joined this site. First off, I'm neither a game developer nor a programmer;I know little to nothing about the actual game industry. I don't even know the difference between Java and C++. I think you catch my drift. Needless to say, I love and enjoy playing video games. Moreover, I love art and literature among other things. I've always imagined creating a game but never took myself seriously until more recently. While working as a probation officer, I just started writing a storyline for a game with ideas to accompany the gameplay. To my surprise, a few folks thought it was interesting. 3 months later and now I'm considering pursuing this project and re-enrolling into a 2/4 year school. Now I'm sure a guy with an idea for a game come a dime a dozen; do I really don't want to delude myself or waste anyone's time here. To this end I post; hoping to find experienced persons who could more or less point me in the right direction, even if it means abandoning ship. Presently, I'm looking at the pros and cons of making such a radical decision. You see unlike the avid 18 year old gamer str8 out of High school, I'm a 32 year old, married, father of two college grad with a background in philosophy and religion. You're probably asking yourself: how did you go from theology to video games. I don't know, go figure- your guess is as good as mines. Albeit, our paths have crossed and I would appreciate your honest opinions on this matter. thanks in advance for the replies; they are all welcomed and encouraged.