libcurl non existing page problem

Started by
5 comments, last by AcidZombie24 15 years, 11 months ago
i am using the fopen() URL example http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/fopen.c and i added a few functions for more power (such as fopen with post data). Right now, if i try to open a page that doesnt exist. I do get a handle back. When i do feof() it isnt an EOF, when i do fgets, it locks up in what i assume is a endless loop. (I am debugging with msvc, and i built with mingw as a dll to my fopen func and the easy interface). How and where should i put in a check to see if the url exist? or a timeout? or anything to prevent this from locking up?
<SkilletAudio> Your framerate proves your lack of manhood
Advertisement
C only notices you have an end-of-file after you've attempted to read past the end. Are you checking for the possibility of a null pointer being returned from fgets?
What i said was a bit off. After doing url_fopen i attempt to read the page. This locks up when i call url_fread. If the page exist, it works as expected.
	while(!ufile->url_feof(f))	{		static char page[1024*1024];		int n = ufile->url_fread(page, 1, sizeof(page),f);		printf("%s", page);	}
bump, still need solution.
curl comes with the source. Can you break in the debugger and see what it's blocking on?
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
If url_fread returns 0, you have an error, and should break out of that loop. Try that, and see what happens.
Found the solution. Keep in mind i am using the fopen example as my code base.

The code has a timeout but its in an infinite loop which makes it repeat itself. So if the error is -1 or 0 ('ok') i set still_running to 0. otherwise it will run default which calls multi. It works perfectly, i am able to dl images/bins files and haven't ran into a problem with it yet. But i haven't done much testing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement