Geometry Shaders - Some Info Needed!

Started by
0 comments, last by Edge Damodred 15 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I'm a Game Dev student and I'm just finishing my 2nd year. I've been advised by my tutors to start my final year dissertation and I've decided to base mine around the use of shaders to make a cool tech demo. I've already done a lot of work with vertex and pixel shaders, lighting, normal mapping, cell shading etc and I plan to include all these effects in my final porject. However I would really like to include some geometry shader work as I think this would be quite impressive to potential employers when I finish. The thing is with Geometry shaders with them being a new thing there isn't much information on how to use them, or what they are capable of. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the sort of graphical effects that would be possible using them, and where I can find information about them. Cheers!
She got a hat and all that hat says is asshole
Advertisement
Check out the Nvidia SDK from the Nvidia Developer's site.

NVidia Developer's Site

I haven't had a chance to try them out yet myself since I don't have the hardware required to run Geometry shaders, but from the previews they look rather promising.
-----------------------Or, as I put it, MMORPG's are currently about attaining two primary things: strength and a shovel. The rest is you just shoveling sh** endlessly trying to get stronger to shovel more sh** so you can look for the next new shovel to shovel more sh** with. Once you are done, you can stand on top of a large pile of sh**, raise your golden sh** shoveler up high into the air and boast how proud you are to be the best sh** shoveler of them all. -Griffin_Kemp

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement