Can SDL MIXER play ogg files in streaming?

Started by
2 comments, last by riruilo 15 years, 11 months ago
Hi! That's my question, I have been reading their docs but I didnt find anything. So, Is it possible? (several sources at the same time, and even the same source play one more time at the same time) Thanks!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Advertisement
no

In the SDL_mixer documentation you will find what file types you are allowed to load.

I believe they're .wav, and .mp3

I would recommend FMOD

http://www.fmod.org/

If you need further assistance

MSN: coden4fun@hotmail.com
AIM: coden4fun

Hope this helps!

Good Luck! ;)
SDL_mixer can stream one OGG Vorbis file at a time using the music channel. It can play more than one OGG Vorbis at a time through the sound effect channels but only from memory.

Also, regarding the previous poster's comment, I don't think FMOD will do multiple streams simultaneously either.
Quote:Original post by samuraicrow
SDL_mixer can stream one OGG Vorbis file at a time using the music channel. It can play more than one OGG Vorbis at a time through the sound effect channels but only from memory.

Also, regarding the previous poster's comment, I don't think FMOD will do multiple streams simultaneously either.

I'm using fmod, and it does it. However I would prefer a free library.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement