Original Post
I know questions on this topic have been asked before, but this is a different one. Glaux.h is outdated. Nehe therefore provides a Glaux replacement.cpp. I don't see how this can replace Glaux.h. One is a cpp one is a header file. I tried renaming Glaux replacment.cpp to Glaux.h but it doesn't work and besides if that was all I needed to do, why did he distribute it as Glaux replacement.cpp and not glaux.h? How do I take this replacement c++ source code file and make it replace the outdated header file? I created a new win32 application (not console) in visual c++ 9 express. i created a new file called lesson3.cpp. i pasted the contents of the source code for tutorial #1 in nehe's tutorial. i added the necessary #include "stdafx.h" to that file. I then changed the include glaux.h to bmp.h i then added bmp.h and bmp.cpp. (also adding the stdafx.h to the bmp.cpp) first off.. even though i added bmp.h to the project.. by right clicking header files in the visual studios IDE and clicking add, then 'existing item" and navigating to bmp.h, when i try to debug the project it says cannot find bmp.h. even though i see it right there in the project files browser on the left. i'm completely lost here. and i've never seen stdafx.h before and have no clue why i'm being forced to include that in every cpp file. [Edited by - sharpnova on June 7, 2008 7:49:12 PM]